Stay away from lovers who only want you in parts,
Legs open. Mouth closed.
Beauty-full. Mind empty.
Silence is a good look on you…
No wonder your smile is their favorite feature.
Beware of them.
Of lovers who love your lips but loathe your voice
Their kisses come with possibilities of cutting your tongue away.
- neha ray, Letters to my Sisters
white people still out here dumb enough to think they freed the slaves
that black people were just happy little slaves
and it was the benevolent white person that decided to free black people
y’all really are sociopathic if you don’t think that black people had a hand in their own destiny
and that if it wasn’t for black people sacrificing their lives for freedom
white people wouldn’t have even realized how disgusting slavery was
out here still thinking Lincoln freed the slaves
Might I just say, If people commented in real life how they did on the internet with anonymous posts, population would drop…. dramatically. If you know you’d have the snot beat out of you in real life for saying it, why harass someone online?
Powerful & creative imagery
the food and education made me sad.
I have always been fascinated by these ‘world of 100 people’ things, I remember spending hours thinking through the ones on a poster at church when I was 9 or so. It really, really makes some really important stuff so blindingly clear, in numbers we can understand. And it should, I hope it does, inspire us to act.
As I sit here, staring into the night/early morning, I think that there is much to be happy about. I mean between giving life and starting a new chapter of my own, there is much to be proud of. But then when you look around you and see how alone you’ve…
you can’t make homes out of human beings
someone should have already told you that
and if he wants to leave
then let him leave
you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love.
Truly Amazing Facts About Babies
With a new one born every few seconds, babies keep the world going ‘round. However, they have more to teach us than originally thought. Check out these truly amazing facts about babies that will have you pondering the miracle of life and looking at your own kids a little differently.
Amazing Facts About Newborns
These amazing facts about babies occur from birth to a few months in.
- No Kneecaps : On birth, babies do not have kneecaps. Rather they have a structure of cartilage that resembles kneecaps. They usually don’t develop them fully until after six months. Most seen on babies who “army crawl” instead of doing it on all fours.
- May Babies Are The Heaviest : One would think that January sees the heaviest babies given all the holiday eating but this is untrue. May is actually the month that sees the heaviest babies born. Usually about an average of 200 grams heavier than any other month.
- They Can’t Cry : They can scream and holler for what they want or need, but newborns can’t technically cry. Tears can’t actually be created or released until about three weeks in. However, in some cases, it isn’t unusual for babies to shed their first tears until four or five months.
- They Have More Bones : When babies are born, they have 300 bones. Adults have 206. Bones fuse together during growth to come up with the new number.
- Birthmarks Are The Rule, Not Exception : If your newborn has a birthmark or other abnormality, this is actually normal. Around 80% of all babies are born with some form. The most common include stork bites and port wine stains.
- Newborns Can Hear As Well As You : They will startle at just about anything. Not because it is louder or softer, but because it is new. Smell is also advanced at this age.
- Eyesight Isn’t Much Worse, Either : According to BabyCenter, a newborn’s eyesight is just about as good as an adult’s. However, their brains aren’t able to process information as well and usually start out at about eight to 15 inches of range.
- A Turned Head Means A Full Belly : Your newborn didn’t just see something interesting. If he or she turns her head at a spoonful of food, it is because they are full. This is also where shaking your head “no” comes from.
- Mama Is Number One : It only takes a few weeks in before a baby can visually distinguish between his or her mother and other adults. The constant sounds and sights are soothing to the child and are missed when gone. However, the voice and smell of the mother can be recognized from birth.
- Smile Time : A baby is typically capable of their first non-gassy smile at only one month old. Try engaging them with funny faces or voices to see if they are ready. If unsure about a smile, repeat the gag as necessary.
- What A Load : The heaviest baby ever born was a boy who weighed 22 pounds, eight ounces. He was born in Italy in 1955. To summarize, it isn’t highly unusual for a one year old baby to weigh 22 pounds.
- Don’t Throw Out the Breast Milk : According to this article from Associated Content, breast milk can be good for adults too. If you can stomach the taste along with the knowledge of where it came from, the milk may be of use for combating serious diseases.
Everyone is re logging this and totally not acknowledging 22 pound baby! Like OH HELLLLLL NO.
My vagina sealed itself shut when I read that I think.
I mean guys are entitled to their opinions… we could say the same about people who always bitch about guys who sag their pants… it’s when the guys are complete assholes in their comments.
Nah, I don’t fuck with dudes who sag.
Grow the fuck up and put a belt on or wear tighter pants.
Only lil girls like that sagging shit.
WOULD GO TO SCIENCE EVERY DAY AND STAY LATE AFTER SCHOOL AND UGH
I would fail all my courses so I could be in school forever
I would have these men in jail with me messing around in the classroom like seriously.
I would never miss a class, or an assignment. EVER.
I might get a “C” here or there just ask I could ask for help…..